Binna Burra Weekend Hiking Retreat (New Date TBA)
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us for a weekend escape to the beautiful Lamington National Park and Binna Burra Mountain Lodge, where we’ll be exploring the local hikes, amazing waterfalls, and scenic views in the region!
Please note: This is a paid event and a little different to our local hikes as we have organised accomodation, group activities, and some meals provided. Spaces are also limited. Further details and inclusions listed below, and if you'd like to join us, the cost is $149 pp + booking fee (earlybird price if paid before the 28th August). Payments can be made here - http://bit.ly/binnaburraretreat
Schedule Of Weekend Activities:
- Meet at 8am at our carpooling point at University of the Sunshine Coast
- Leave by 8:30am to our first destination - Rosin's Lookout, Beechmont (Lunch included from harvestbreads)
- Arrive at Binna Burra at 12pm and setup in accomodation (Groom's Cottage and Bunkhouse - dormitory style accomodation. For more info, see here - https://www.binnaburralodge.com.au/accommodation/grooms-cottage/)
- Afternoon/Evening Activities - scenic sunset walk, free time for relaxation and exploration
- Campfire at 6pm
SUNDAY - THE BIG HIKE - Coomera Circuit Walk (18km, approx. 6-8 hours)
Listed as one of the most beautiful hikes in the region, passing some of Lamington National Park's most spectacular waterfalls along the way. While it is long, the terrain is easy to navigate, and therefore accessible to amateur hikers provided your feet can make the distance!
Continental breakfast at our accomodation is included, before starting the walk at 7:00am and arriving back about 2pm. Packed lunch also included on the hike.
What's Included in the weekend:
- Some meals (Lunch on Saturday, pre-hike Continental Breakfast and Packed Lunch on Sunday)
- All group hikes and activities
What's not included:
- Fuel (carpooling cost shared between the passengers of each vehicle - approx $20 pp.)
- Dinner on Saturday night (Pizza and Pasta night at The Lamington Tea House - approx. $20 pp.)
- Extra snacks and energy bars you may need for your hike
- Our accomodation DOES NOT include linen, so please bring a sleeping bag/blanket and pillow.
Note: As with all TKC events, all risk and responsibility is assumed by the attendees. The Kindness Collective is a meetup group, NOT an organised tour group, and attendees are requested to make their own judgments on their level of fitness and hiking ability and to always act within that ability to keep themselves and others safe. While the hosts are experienced hikers, and endeavour to keep all activities as low-risk as possible, we hold no responsibility for any accidents or injury that may occur as a result of these activities, and ask that all attendees sign a waiver in advance. Thanks in advance for your cooperation and adherence to this policy 🙂
This is going to be an unforgettable experience with a bunch of amazing people, and we'd love for you to be a part of it! If you'd like to sign up, please register at the link below. The $20 earlybird discount applies if you sign up before the 28th August, as this helps us cover the non-refundable accomodation deposits so we would appreciate prompt registrations.
Any questions, feel free to email Nate at email@example.com
Hope you can join us! :)
P.S. Once registered, we will need you to complete the following short survey regarding transport and food preferences, which we will also email to you - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DJCX5LN
Full refunds (minus booking fee) are given if reservation is cancelled before August 28th. 50% refund if cancelled before September 21st. No refunds thereafter.